Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Farewell King Size Snickers Bar



Today, Mars Inc., the fine folks who make such great products like Snickers and Twix bars, announced that they are going to stop selling their products with more than 250 calories in them by the year 2014.

This great idea is “part of an ongoing effort to improve the nutritional value of its products and to sell them in a responsible way.”

Really….

Has anyone ever seriously thought that a chocolate candy bar was a responsible or nutritional snack?

A Snickers bar is meant for enjoyment not health (seems like I said basically the same thing in my Pepsi blog). A Snickers bar contains no nutritional benefits. If you want something healthy, then Jamie Lee Curtis recommends Activia rather than a Snickers bar. You do have a choice. 

I have mixed feelings about this announcement. I should be happy that companies are trying to fight the obesity epidemic, but I don’t think removing the king size chocolate bars will make much of a difference. Last time I checked I could buy two regular sized bars if a king size isn’t available.

Farewell King Size Snickers bar. You will be missed…. and eventually replaced with two regular sized bars full of political correctness. Yum!!!!!



For the full story, click here:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/16/mars-chocolate-idUSL2E8DG06320120216

No comments:

Post a Comment